How Can I Get Started with Visiting Angels Eldersburg?
Hiring a professional caregiver for your senior loved one can be complicated, especially when you don't know what's involved in creating a care plan. At Visiting Angels Eldersburg, we've made arranging in-home care easy for families in Eldersburg, Westminster, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Randallstown, and throughout Howard and Carroll Counties since 2002. Our care coordinators will closely work with you and your loved one to ensure they get the support and assistance they need while giving you total peace of mind.
Get started with professional elderly care today by calling 410-549-8002!
How Visiting Angels Helps Eldersburg-Area Families Get Started
When families in Carroll and Howard Counties are interested in getting started with in-home senior care from Visiting Angels Eldersburg, we start with setting up an "in-home assessment." These assessments are done in the home of the potential client, while in the company of their loved ones or family members who will be overseeing or directing care.
Our care coordinator will come out to your loved one's home on a day and time that works for you, and during the meeting we will go over what home care services will be needed, what schedule works best for your loved one, any specific requests that your loved one or other family members may have, and any other general concerns that you may have prior to getting started with Visiting Angels.
Here's what we typically discuss with families in Eldersburg and surrounding areas:
- What does your senior loved one have trouble with? What type of help are you expecting? We'll discuss whether they require bathing assistance, grooming, dressing, meals and diet, incontinence and any mobility issues your loved one is having.
- Performing a current review of your loved one's daily schedule, as well as their needs regarding sleep, eating and current medications.
- Emotional and social needs such as social interaction, favorite activities, conversation, social appointments and companionship.
- General types of assistance such as housekeeping and meal preparation. We will also discuss grocery shopping and what errands need to be performed.
- Schedules, how the caregiver will access your loved one's home, documentation of care provided, and details regarding how to work with scheduling changes, the office or the caregivers involved.
- If at the end of our meeting you have decided to employ our services, we will establish a schedule, finalize the care plan, schedule a nurse visit and coordinate a meeting with the caregiver.
These assessments are also an excellent opportunity to ask our team any questions you have about professional senior care, and they are also a great opportunity for us to get to know one another. If you are feeling overwhelmed with the options presented to you, we can make informed recommendations and help point you in the direction that we believe would best fit your unique situation and your loved one's wishes.
If you can't be part of the initial assessment in person, Visiting Angels Eldersburg also offers long-distance options. You can call in during the meeting or use FaceTime to stay involved.
Arranging home care for a senior loved one can be time-consuming, but we make the process as simple and stress-free as possible for families in Carroll and Howard Counties.
Serving Eldersburg, Westminster, Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Randallstown and Surrounding Areas in Carroll and Howard Counties in Maryland
Visiting Angels ELDERSBURG, MD6505 Ridenour Way E #1B
Eldersburg, MD 21784