Essential In-Home Care Wellness Tips for Greater Glendale, AZ
As COVID-19 continues to rampage across the world, families are now more concerned with their elderly loved one’s health and safety than ever before. While we’re still learning about this virus, one thing is certain: it spreads rapidly throughout communities and can spread in the following ways:
- Person-to-Person Contact – this virus easily spreads from person to person through proximity, touching, sneezing, and coughing.
- Surfaces – once someone with COVID-19 touches a hard surface like stainless steel, it can linger there for up to three days.
- Air - this virus can last for up to three hours in the air.
How In-Home Care from Visiting Angels of Glendale Can Help During This Pandemic
Our goal at Visiting Angels of Glendale has always been prioritizing our elderly client’s health, well-being, and happiness at home through a wide range of in-home care services. Our mission remains the same even during this pandemic. With guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our agency came up with the following best practices for maintaining a senior’s wellness:
- Keep Seniors at Home: our caregivers will run errands, go grocery shopping, and pick up prescriptions on their client’s behalf.
- Keeping Families Informed: we will update family members on any changes of health in their loved one, particularly in reference to symptoms like fever, dry cough, chest pain, difficulty breathing, and confusion.
- Personal Care Assistance: caregivers can assist with daily hygiene like bathing, dressing, grooming, washing hands, and more.
- Maintaining a Clean Home: Our in-home care providers can assist seniors with light housekeeping tasks* to help ensure that high contact areas are disinfected.
How Else Can Caregivers Keep Seniors Safe?
Our caregivers can help a wide range of care to help keep your loved one safe and healthy at home. We offer daily assistance like transportation to doctor’s appointments, meal preparation medication reminders, and more. We also provide specialized care services like Alzheimer’s Care, Dementia Care, Certified Palliative Care, Social Care, and more.
Learn more about Visiting Angels of Glendale in-home care options to keep your elderly loved one safe at home. Please contact our home health agency today to speak with one of our experienced care coordinators to determine next steps!
*Light housekeeping is limited and does not include moving of any heavy objects, please contact our office to learn more.