Getting Started with Senior Home Care in Newton, MA and Nearby Areas
Begin non-medical homecare with Visiting Angels Newton/Canton by speaking with one of our knowledgeable case managers about the type of service you or your loved one requires. The case manager will schedule an assessment visit with you. This meeting includes a detailed review of care needed, schedule options, special care requests by family or client, and caregiver qualities and experience desired. Your case manager will answer any questions you may have about home care. We will walk you through the process, that at times can feel overwhelming, and give you the support you need to ensure a successful transition to home care. Our goal is to assist in allowing our clients to age comfortably at home.
In-Home Care Needs Assessment
The following topics are commonly discussed during initial consultation.
- Physical needs of the care recipient with regards to bathing and grooming, dressing, and incontinence; possible need for Hoyer lift, gait belt, or other transfer equipment.
- Reviewing schedules involving sleep, eating and medicine.
- Specific emotional support such as social interaction, activities, and companionship.
- Need of assistance with homemaking such as preparation of meals, linens, laundry, and light housekeeping.
- Use of caregiver or client car for grocery shopping, errands, and appointments, along with accompaniment to doctor visits.
- Logistics of schedules, access to the home, documentation, and the details of how to work with scheduling changes, the office, and your caregivers.
Our case manager will use this information to design a personalized care plan and select a home caregiver whose personality traits, technical skills and experience are a good fit for you.
Why Choose Visiting Angels Newton/Canton
Countless families in Newton, Needham, Canton, Wellesley, Watertown, Brookline and nearby areas have benefited from our quality in-home care services since 2004. Visiting Angels Newton/Canton has been awarded Best of Home Care Leader of Excellence, Provider of Choice and Employer of Choice from Home Care Pulse, a national customer satisfaction survey firm, for several years.
Our compassionate and professional staff provide care with respect and treat our clients with dignity. From hourly respite care to 24/7 multiple shift and live-in care services, we are ready to serve you. Contact us today for a complimentary in-home consultation!
Serving Brookline, Canton, Dedham, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Stoughton, Watertown, Wellesley and Westwood
Visiting Angels NEWTON/CANTON, MASSACHUSETTS383 Elliot St #100E
Newton, MA 02464
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.