In Home Health Care Services in the Greater Cleveland, GA Area
Visiting Angels of Cleveland's In Home Health Care Services Can Teach Your Loved One How to Use Technology
What’s the connection between in home health care services and Visiting Angels of Cleveland social care program? A lot and you probably do not even have an idea of how important our social care program is to your loved one’s overall well-being and health. Basically, our social program keeps your elderly loved one connected socially with their friends and family through the use of social media platforms. This is a part of the Visiting Angels of Cleveland holistic approach to one-on-one
The Importance of Social Connection in the Elderly
- Depression is reduced by as much as 20% just by surfing online.
- As much as 25% improved working memory is experienced by older adults when they surf the internet.
- Through the measurement of breathing rate, pupil dilation, and brain stimulation positive emotional experience can be gauged in the older adult. And it shows that by just visiting Facebook and other social networking sites, they are already experiencing a positive emotional experience.
- By becoming social, the elderly also experience a reduced risk for depression, lower blood pressure, reduced risk for Alzheimer’s, and reduced risk for osteoporosis, some cancers, and cardiovascular problems.
- At the other end of the spectrum, elderly clients who are socially isolated have higher risks for high blood pressure, greater risk of death, and are lonely and depressed.
What’s Inside Visiting Angels of Cleveland's Social Care Program?
- We will aid in teaching them how to use FaceTime, Skype, sending and creating e-mails, as well as text or instant messaging systems.
- Visiting Angels of Cleveland's in home health care services will aid them in learning how to look for information online, logging in to their online accounts, and even buying their needs online.
- Some older adults are not tech savvy, so even just using a mobile phone can be overwhelming for them. We will help them learn the basics of using a mobile phone through our
health care services. in home
Contact Visiting Angels of Cleveland at (706) 219-1415 to learn more about our social care program and how we can help your aging loved one.
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
Serving Cleveland, Toccoa, Clarkesville, Clayton, Cornelia, Demorest, GA, and Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels CLEVELAND, GA24 W Jarrard St
Cleveland, GA 30528
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.