Medication Reminders from Eldercare Specialists in Plano, TX
Visiting Angels of Plano, TX caregivers can deliver medication reminders to ensure that drugs are taken correctly and on time each day.
Visiting Angels of Plano, TX is a professional home care service, which means our kind and dedicated caregivers can help elders with a wide range of activities of daily living (ADLs). Meal preparation, minor housework and washing, bathing support, and mobility assistance are examples of this.
We may also send medication reminders to seniors to ensure that they take their pills correctly and on time each day. We cannot give prescriptions or organize pill bottles because we only provide fundamental personal care. Our caregivers can help elders remember to take pills and other medications that family members or health care providers have pre-arranged.
The Importance of Medication Reminders for Senior Family Members
Seniors are prone to taking various drugs throughout the day. There are often medicines that must be taken at specific times during the day – in the morning, afternoon, or before night – and pills that seniors must take with food, water, or on an empty stomach. Keeping track of many drug schedules and instructions can be difficult, especially for seniors with dementia.
Our caregivers might provide medication reminders. Medication reminders include the following:
- Set a timer for your loved one to know when it's time to take their pills.
- Using a vocal reminder to remind you that it's time to take your prescription
- Ensure that medication instructions are followed, such as taking it with meals or a full glass of water.
- Observe seniors while taking or administering medication to ensure that it is done correctly.
- Keeping track of the dates and times that elderly family members took each drug, so that family members are aware of its administration.
- When new medications are introduced, keep an eye out for any adverse effects or symptoms.
In most circumstances, it is critical to take medications appropriately and consistently to be successful. If a family member forgets to take their blood pressure medicine, it can have significant consequences for their general health.
Visiting Angels of Plano, TX, Provides Valuable Assistance
Medication reminders are only one of the many Visiting Angels of Plano, TX services. Our caretakers can also help with the following tasks while at home:
- Shopping for groceries, conducting errands, and preparing meals
- Companionship and discussion during mealtime encourage seniors to eat and keep them interested.
- Taking out the garbage and washing sheets or bath towels are examples of simple domestic duties.
- Showering, using the restroom, and getting dressed are all examples of personal hygiene.
Your loved one's home care services are tailored to their preferences and needs. Each senior client's care plan is tailored to their specific needs, preferred schedule, and personality.
To learn more, contact Visiting Angels of Plano, TX.
Please get in touch with our Plano, TX office to learn more about medicine reminders and the other in-home care services we provide. We'll set up a free In-Home Assessment with you and your loved one so we can create a personalized care plan.
Serving Plano, Murphy, Parker, TX, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels PLANO, TX1400 Preston Road STE 400
Plano, TX 75093