The Right Time for In-Home Care for Seniors with Dementia
Does your senior loved one need in-home care services? These signs can help you figure out when it's time to consider professional care solutions from Visiting Angels Palm Beach Gardens
Not sure what time is the right time to arrange for professional care at home for your parent, spouse or loved one? Often a loved one will not ask for help, or realize they need support or supervision at home, so you and your family members should watch for the warning signs that in-home assistance with their daily routine might be beneficial.
If they are resistant to the idea of in-home senior care, rest assured that the experienced, professional companions and caregivers employed by Visiting Angels Palm Beach Gardens will respect your loved one, help them maintain their independence and self-esteem, while allowing them to remain safe and comfortable at home.
Signs Your Loved One Would Benefit from Professional Care
Be on the alert for these warning signs that your loved one may need assistance and benefit from professional in-home care:
- Withdrawal or depression because a spouse or a close friend has recently passed away
- Forgetfulness - can't remember what errand they are on, where they are driving to or where they parked the car
- There has been a significant change in their eating or sleeping habits
- Personal hygiene is no longer important
- They forget or refuse to take their medication
- When falls become an issue
- Frequent agitation and wandering off in the evening, can't find their way home
- The fridge is filled with spoiled food
- They have begun to hide or hoard items
Even though your loved one may be gracefully aging in place, with little cognitive or physical impairment, they may still benefit from in-home companionship. Consider Visiting Angels Palm Beach Gardens' refreshing approach to in-home care: We help seniors "thrive not just survive!"
Our experienced, professional companions are a positive, supportive presence in your loved one's life and a helping hand at mealtime and when light housekeeping is required. Sometimes a more serious medical condition requires a more hands-on approach and a complex care plan with higher services.
In-Home Care Services for Seniors with Dementia, Alzheimer's or Parkinson's
Illnesses such as dementia, Alzheimer's or Parkinson's make it difficult for seniors to live independently at home. Heart disease, diabetes, vision, or mobility problems, as well as other age related medical conditions, may pose a challenge to your loved one's ability to perform day-to-day tasks. When no longer able to cope with the daily routine safely on their own, it is time to seek in-home care services from a private duty agency such as Visiting Angels Palm Beach Gardens.
At Visiting Angels Palm Beach Gardens, our in-home senior care services include:
- Daily hygiene assistance, including bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Support with mobility, walking and transferring, light exercise where appropriate
- Meal planning, preparation, and monitoring of nutrition/hydration
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping, help with errands, travel to physician and therapy appointments.
- Companionship and socialization through meaningful activities
Contact Us to Learn More About In-Home Care Services
After a complimentary consultation and discussion of your needs and budget, we can suggest a schedule, prepare a customized care plan, and help you choose the right professional companion or caregiver for your loved one.
To learn more about our specially trained caregivers and the senior care services we offer in Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Juno Beach, and throughout the surrounding Palm Beach County area, contact Visiting Angels at 561-328-7611.
Serving Palm Beach Gardens, Palm City, Jupiter, Juno Beach, Hobe Sound, Stuart, West Palm Beach and throughout Palm Beach County and Martin County, FL
Visiting Angels PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL8645 N Military Trl #407
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410