How Home Care Providers from Visiting Angels Dallas Can Help Seniors Boost Their Immune System
It’s important for seniors to practice healthy lifestyle habits to boost their immune system, especially since seniors are at a higher risk of developing serious health issues if they’re infected with the coronavirus. Here’s how home care providers from Visiting Angels Dallas can help
People older than 65 and those with chronic health problems like heart disease or autoimmune illness are at a higher risk of developing serious conditions due to coronavirus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To keep your loved one safe during the pandemic, it is important that they practice healthy lifestyle habits that can help strengthen their immune system. At Visiting Angels Dallas, our home care providers can support your loved one as they maintain or transition to healthier routines.
The Importance of Maintaining a Healthy Senior Care Routine in Dallas and Surrounding Areas
With the help of Visiting Angels Dallas, your loved one can easily build an immunity-boosting routine:
- Getting 8 hours of sleep – Older adults need 7-9 hours of sleep, according to the Mayo Clinic. Our caregivers can help your loved one develop and stick a nighttime routine that works best for them.
- Eating a healthy diet – Our home care providers can go grocery shopping and prepare healthy, well-balanced meals for your parent.
- Staying physically active – Our care experts can assist your loved one with exercise regimes that are appropriate for seniors, like stretching or floor exercises.
- Staying hydrated and following medication schedule – With Visiting Angels Dallas, you can rest assured that your loved one is getting plenty of fluids and that they are taking their medications according to doctor’s instructions.
- Washing hands – Our home care providers can assist your loved one with personal care activities like bathing, dressing, grooming, brushing teeth and washing hands.
Reducing Stress to Improve Health
A lot of people are overwhelmed these days. Here is how we can help your loved one reduce stress and anxiety:
- Connect with family & friends online – Visiting Angels Dallas offers Social Care, a specialized care program that teaches seniors how to use modern-day technology to stay connected with the people they love.
- Take a break from the news – As COVID-19 continues to affect the whole world, the news is pretty much grim. Instead of listening to the news non-stop, your loved one should take a break from them and instead engage in fun, relaxing activities.
- Take care of your body – Our home care providers can assist your loved one with relaxing routines like mediation and yoga, prepare nourishing meals for them and much more.
- Reach out for help – If your loved one needs additional help to deal with all that is happening now, they can call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
Learn More About Senior Care from Visiting Angels Dallas Today
To find out how our personalized senior care services can support your loved one during the COVID-19 crisis and get started with our services, please contact our Dallas, TX office today!