Social Care at Home in Tucker, GA and Nearby Communities
The Social Care at Home Program from Visiting Angels Teaches Seniors About Modern Technology and How to Use It in Tucker, Lilburn, Stone Mountain, and Nearby Cities
What makes our social care at home program so invaluable and necessary for modern senior care? It all comes down to our approach to
With our social care program, we help families and friends stay connected with their loved ones through modern technology. By using platforms such as Facebook, Skype, and FaceTime, we’re able to ensure that seniors remain active and engaged, even though they may not be mobile. Nowadays, quality home care includes using modern technology, so that seniors can stay in touch with whomever they want!
Recent studies in America show some pretty astounding results:
- Spending time on the internet can decrease depression in older adults by as much as 20%.
- Seniors who use the Facebook platform have shown an improvement of 25% in working memory, according to a University of Arizona study. This is a clear indication of mental “updating” skills.
Social networking sites like Facebook provide a positive and emotional experience to older adults, as measured via brain stimulation, breathing rates, and pupil dilation.
How Our Social Care Program Works
Our social care at home program can teach our elderly clients several skills, including:
- How to use a cell phone
- How to send a text or an email message
- How to use social networking and messaging platforms like Skype or FaceTime
- How to create a Facebook account and build a page
- How to interact with family and friends using Facebook
How to log into any accounts online, shop virtually, or research information on a search engine
Stay in touch with your loved one through our home care agency's social care at home program! Contact Visiting Angels of Tucker today at 678-853-7904 to learn more about our services in Tucker, Lilburn, Stone Mountain, Lawrenceville, and the surrounding area.
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Lilburn, Stone Mountain, Lawrenceville, Tucker, GA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels TUCKER, GA4500 Hugh Howell Rd #530
Tucker, GA 30084