Fall Prevention Through In-Home Living Assistance Services for Seniors in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties
Visiting Angels provides living assistance services to help prevent the risk of at-home falls for seniors in Santa Cruz, Marina and Scotts Valley, CA
Did you know that most seniors lose their independence because of a measly fall? With age, immobility, and brittle bones, falls can cause older adults to break bones, making it hard for them to move around and do daily living activities adequately. Plus, aging has the effect of seniors recuperate slowly—some do not and continue to regress. Falls can have a huge effect on an elderly adult’s social, emotional and physical activities, thereby affecting their overall quality of life. Visiting Angels Central Coast can help protect your loved one from falling with living assistance services.
A lot of older adults know the repercussions of falls. That’s why they take measures to prevent this. However, many have the fear of falling so much that they detriment their social life. They would rather be safe in their homes and decline family functions, social invitations or generally leaving the house. This reaction can have an effect on the elderly and lead to depression, sadness, social isolation, loneliness, and even anxiety.
Why Falls can be Life-Changing for Seniors in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties
- Many older adults who experience falls do not go home, often many of them end up in a long-term care facility and usually, recovery takes up to a full year.
- Due to falls, as much as 80,000 elderly individuals are hospitalized each year.
- When an elderly experiences a fall, they are more likely to fall again.
- In a year, as much as one out of three seniors experience a fall and one out of five of them suffer from a serious injury like a concussion, fracture, and a broken hip to name a few.
How the Fall Prevention Program from Visiting Angels Central Coast Can Prevent Risk Factors
Did you know that falls do not happen randomly? There are risk factors that place seniors at risk. Commonly, these factors are related to a person’s home environment, medical problem or physical condition. For example, if the bathroom does not have grab bars, this can be a risk factor for falls. Having poor eyesight or arthritis predisposes the elderly to falls.
At Visiting Angels Central Coast, our caregivers can identify if your elderly loved one is at risk for falls, whether it’s from the medications he/she is taking or not. After identifying the risks, we can provide living assistance services with the goal of keeping your loved one safe and reduce the risk of falling.
Some of the ways our caregivers can help include:
- Mobility assistance, including transferring and positioning
- Medication reminders and monitoring
- Meal planning and preparation
- Arranging transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Assisting with bathing, grooming and getting dressed
- And more
To learn more about how our living assistance services can keep your loved one safe, contact our Scotts Valley or Marina, CA office today.
Serving Scotts Valley, Watsonville, Marina, Carmel, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Salinas, and throughout Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties in California
Visiting Angels CENTRAL COAST IN CALIFORNIA5274 Scotts Valley Dr #102
Scotts Valley, CA 95066