How Companion Care from Visiting Angels Central Coast Boosts Social Well-Being for Seniors in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties
Is your senior loved one itching to learn modern technology to stay connected with you? If so, companion carefrom Visiting Angels Central Coast can teach your loved one in Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Marina and surrounding areas!
When choosing companion care services, nobody tops Visiting Angels Central Coast. Why? Simply because we have a holistic approach when it comes to providing care to our clients. This means that your loved one will be provided with all-around care both inside and outside of the home. Their social needs are also addressed through our social care program.
Our program aims to help older adults remain active and engaged socially via modern technological means. Our care providers can help seniors stay connected with their friends and family via social media platforms like FaceTime, Skype and Facebook to name a few.
Why is Social Interaction Important?
- Studies show that older adults who engage in social interactions have reduced the risk for mental health issues like depression, have a lower blood pressure, have a lower risk for Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular problems, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, and some cancers.*
- On the other hand, older adults who do not have social interactions have a higher risk for having high blood pressure, higher chance of death, physically less active, and are more prone to feelings of loneliness and depression.
- In a study published by the University of Arizona, older adults have shown a 25 percent improvement in their working memory just by using Facebook.
- In another report, positive emotions were experienced by the elderly when they were visiting and using social sites like Facebook. This positive feedback was measured by the elderly subject’s brain stimulation, pupil dilation and breathing rates.**
What’s Included in the Social Care Program from Visiting Angels Central Coast?
- The basics of mobile phone usage.
- Learning how to utilize FaceTime or Skype to communicate with friends or loved ones. Another companion careservice is teaching them how to send an e-mail or making use of text messaging.
- Creating a Facebook account, maintaining one and most of all in interacting with their friends and family.
- Our caregivers will show and teach your loved one how to use a search engine whether for finding pertinent information or online shopping. In line with this, they will be also shown how to create accounts and log-in details.
Contact our Scotts Valley, CA office today to learn more about the Social Care program and other options for companion care for seniors in the Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay areas.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Scotts Valley, Watsonville, Marina, Carmel, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Salinas, and throughout Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties in California
Visiting Angels Central Coast in California5274 Scotts Valley Dr #102
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.