Specialized Memory Care for Seniors with Dementia in Annapolis, MD and Surrounding Areas
Highly trained home care aides from Visiting Angels Annapolis provide seniors living with memory-related illnesses with quality memory care and in-home assistance in Northern Anne Arundel County, including Annapolis, Millersville, Pasadena, Arnold, Glen Burnie and surrounding Maryland communities
Seniors diagnosed with memory-related conditions need to receive professional care, but that care doesn’t need to include the stressful, often costly and counter-productive relocation to assisted living – quality dementia care can be provided right at home, allowing older adults to age in place and receive the expert care they need to remain safe.
At Visiting Angels Annapolis, we provide specialized memory care for those with memory-related illnesses in Northern Anne Arundel County, including Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Millersville, Pasadena, Crownsville, Arnold and Severna Park.
If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or some other type of dementia, our home care aides can ensure they receive all the attention and assistance they need in order to maintain their independence.
How Memory Care from Visiting Angels Annapolis Helps Seniors with Dementia
Aging adults afflicted with dementia typically suffer from memory loss and confusion, as the condition causes severe changes in the brain. Seniors in the mid and late stages of the condition often feel depressed, confused, disoriented, and agitated, and they can even behave aggressively, which is why dementia patients require high levels of care and support.
If your aging mom or dad is struggling with cognitive decline, our experienced home care aides can help with:
- Mobility assistance – If your parent has physical limitations or mobility issues, we can help them move safely around the home.
- Hygiene, grooming and dressing assistance – Includes help with bathing or showering, dressing, oral care, grooming, shaving, hair brushing, toileting and more.
- Light housekeeping – Our caregivers make sure your parent’s place is tidy and well-kept by performing basic homemaking tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, laundering, taking out the trash and more.
- Meal preparation – Preparing healthy, nutritious, home-cooked meals Mom or Dad will enjoy.
- Medication reminders – As those with dementia are prone to medication errors, our caregivers provide medication reminders during every care visit.
- Wandering prevention – Our home care aides will keep a watchful eye on your loved one and make certain they don’t wander off, especially during the night.
- Transportation – We’re available to provide transportation and accompaniment when your parent has scheduled appointments, social calls or other plans.
- Fall prevention – Comprises of numerous measures designed to prevent falls and boost overall safety.
Contact our Millersville, MD office today at 410-587-2316 to learn more about how our caregivers can keep your mom or dad with dementia safe and comfortable at home for longer.
Serving Northern Anne Arundel County in Maryland, including Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Millersville, Pasadena, Crownsville, Arnold and Severna Park
Visiting Angels ANNAPOLIS, MD8338 Veterans Hwy #103A
Millersville, MD 21108