Senior Care Tips During a Pandemic: The Importance of Wellness in Greater Fairfield, CT
One of the most important things families can do right now is focus on their aging loved one’s well-being. As health officials learn more about Coronavirus, or also known as COVID-19, it has been discovered that the virus spreads quickly and easily through communities. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this COVID-19 can spread in multiple ways.
- The main cause of spreading is person-to-person, especially people within six feet of one another.
- It lasts for multiple hours or days on surfaces like copper (up to three hours), cardboard (up to 24-hours), and plastic and stainless steel (up to three days).
- COVID-19 can be spread through the air from a cough or sneeze and can linger there for three hours.
How Visiting Angels of Fairfield’s Senior Care Can Help Fight Off COVID-19
As one of the leading senior care agencies in Fairfield and the surrounding area, our goal is to keep the seniors in our community as safe, healthy, and happy as possible from the comfort of their own homes. We achieve this by offering a wide range of in-home care options that revolve around physical, emotional, social, and spiritual health. As the CDC releases more information, our senior care agency has been updating our best practices to maintain our client’s well-being. A few of these at-home care practices include:
- Keeping families updated on any health changes, especially for COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever, dry cough, chest pain, and difficulty breathing.
- Providing personal care to seniors who have difficulty bathing themselves, washing their hands, brushing their teeth, dressing, and more.
- Helping seniors practice social distancing by having them stay home while their caregiver runs to the grocery store for food and supplies or the pharmacy for medications.
- Staying mindful to sneeze or cough into their shoulder or tissues and avoid touching their face or eyes.
- Providing light housekeeping services* to help seniors disinfect potentially infected surfaces like kitchen counters, bathrooms, and floors.
How Else Can Caregivers Keep Seniors Safe?
At Visiting Angels of Fairfield, we strive to do more than just keep your loved one healthy, we want them to feel comfortable and happy at home, as well! Our senior caregivers are companions at heart, so they strive to build long-lasting, communicative relationships with each of their clients. They can assist with daily tasks and activities such as playing a board game, preparing meals, mobility assistance, and even provide transportation to doctor’s appointments. We also have specialized care services for seniors with Alzheimer’s, dementia, limited life expectancy, social deprivation, and more.
Learn More Today
Contact Visiting Angels of Fairfield today to learn more about how our senior care can keep your loved one safe from COVID-19. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and can even schedule a free assessment to discuss your loved one’s specific needs and our in-home senior services.
*Light housekeeping is limited and does not include moving of any heavy objects, please contact our office to learn more.