Social Care at Home in Lancaster, PA and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels Offers Complex Social Care at Home to Seniors in Lancaster, Lititz, Gap, and Nearby Cities
At Visiting Angels of Lancaster, we believe in providing care for the whole person. Our approach to care is holistic, incorporating physical, mental, emotional, and social resources to provide for the best possible quality of life. Social care at home is incredibly important for seniors, especially those who live alone or independently. Social support reduces loneliness, depression, sadness, and isolation, all commonly reported problems for seniors who live independently. Accessing senior care at home connects your loved one with a dedicated caregiver, who will work to build a communicative and caring relationship with your loved one every day.
Essential Social Care Services
At Visiting Angels of Lancaster, our essential social care at home services can help your aging loved one stay connected and engaged with friends, family members, community events, and more. Because so many parts of our community are in rural areas, this can be a vital support network for seniors.
The social care program includes:
- Cell phone use. Caregivers can help seniors program contacts, download programs, use apps, experience FaceTime, and other communication tools.
- Internet use. Caregivers can help clients perform online research, search out old friends, shop online, and more.
- Texting, emailing, and video chatting. Using apps like Skype or our client’s preferred email service, caregivers help clients to navigate these programs to stay connected.
- Facebook. We know that our clients love to connect with family members and friends on Facebook, and our caregivers can help our clients create an account and interact with loved ones.
- Any other technological assistance. Help responding to correspondence, setting appointments, or following up on ongoing conversations.
The Importance of Staying Socially Connected
Staying engaged and connected with digital or social media can help to combat depression and loneliness for seniors. With our social care program, caregivers help seniors navigate any technology tool they have, such as a desktop, laptop, or tablet. Our patient and experienced caregivers can help your loved one-use platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc.
Our caregivers know that feeling connected to family, friends, and community remains important for each of our clients. Our social care program is designed to help our clients stay close with the important people and activities in their life, even if they have chronic health concerns or reduced mobility. Using technology, our caregivers help families stay connected and stay social.
Contact Us Today
If you are providing care at home for an aging loved one who lives independently, Visiting Angels of Lancaster can help. Call our local agency today at 717-696-0167 to learn more about our in-home care services.
Serving Lancaster, Lititz, Gap, Bainbridge, Elizabethtown, PA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels in Lancaster, PA2141 Oregon Pike 2nd floor,
Lancaster, PA 17601
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.