Home Health Care Resources for Families in York, Hanover, PA, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels Shares Home Health Care Resources for Senior Housing Options in York, Hanover, Dover, Red Lion, and Nearby TownsVisiting Angels of York is here to help families and seniors make the right choice for their needs. Whether that is in home care, home health care, assisted living, nursing homes, or senior housing – we want your loved one to be as comfortable as possible. We have compiled a list of York and Hanover’s senior housing options to help make it easier for families to find the perfect solution for them.
|Broad Park Manor||440 & 449 E. King St. York, PA||(717) 854-1415|
|Charles Street Apartments||117 1st Ave. Red Lion, PA||(717) 840-0087|
|Clearview Terrace I & II||800 Randolph St. York, PA||(717) 632-8081|
|Cloverfield - Kingston House||1500 Rodney Rd. York, PA||(717) 764-5464|
|Cloverleaf - Kingston House||1243 W. King St. York, PA||(717) 848-2927|
|Dairyland Apartments||226 Glen Ave. Dallastown, PA||(717) 246-0145|
|Delphia House||350 E. Philadelphia St. York, PA||(717) 843-1064|
|Dutch Kitchen||381 West Market St. York, PA||(717) 846-5281|
|Elm Spring Residence||118 Pleasant Acres Rd. York, PA||(717) 840-7676|
|Fairmont Village||300 Ramsay Place New Cumberland, PA||(717) 774-5009|
|Green Meadow||20 Beaver St. Dillsburg, PA||(717) 432-2556|
|Highland Manor||36 Highland Dr. Stewartstown, PA||(717) 993-6541|
|Highland Park Apartments||721 South Mountain Rd. Dillsburg, PA||(717) 432-4700|
|Hopewell Courtyard||14 South Hill St. Stewartstown, PA||(717) 993-3809|
|Oakview Manor Apartments||1880 Oak Hills Dr. Hanover, PA||(717) 630-2754|
|Opera House I & II||121 First Ave. Red Lion, PA||(717) 246-6688|
|Park View at Manchester Heights Apartments||1900 Barley Rd. York, PA||(717) 767-1184|
|Park View at Tyler Run||2105 Knob Hill Rd, York, PA||(717) 854-6909|
|Pullman Apartments||238 N. George St. York, PA||(717) 699-2229|
|Schartner House at Carroll Village||1271 Gettysburg Pike Dillsburg, PA||(717) 432-1670|
|Shrewsbury Courtyards II||427 S. Main St. Shrewsbury, PA||(717) 235-9943|
|Shrewsbury Courtyards II||106 Courtyards Dr. Shrewsbury, PA||(717) 227-4941|
|SKW Housing Project||423 South George St. York, PA||(717) 848-3610|
|Springfield Apartments||1930 Kenneth Rd. York, PA||(717) 764-1344|
|Springwood Overlook||2330 Freedom Way York, PA||(717) 741-4225|
|Stony Brook Gardens||17 Theater La York, PA||(717) 718-7777|
|Stony Brook Manor||100 Pleasant Acres Rd. York, PA||(717) 755-1426|
|Strasburg Haus||100 Luther Rd. Shrewsbury, PA||(717) 235-7946|
|The Residence at Hanover Shoe||261 N. Franklin St. Hanover, PA||(717) 637-5444|
|The Residence at Hanover Shoe Senior||221 N. Franklin St. Hanover, PA||(717) 637-5444|
|The Yards at Baltimore St||406 Baltimore St. Hanover, PA||(717) 699-2229|
|Westminster Place at Carroll Village||2 Trinity Dr West Dillsburg, PA||(717) 432-1670|
|Westminster Place at Queen Street||150 Pauline Dr. York, PA||(717) 921-4052|
|Westminster Place at Stewartstown||16 South Hill St. Stewartstown, PA||(717) 993-3809|
The Housing Authority of the City of York offers elderly apartments owned and/or managed by the Housing Authority to low/moderate income York City and York County residents. Preference is given to elderly and disabled. Contact the Housing Authority at 31 S. Broad St., PO Box 1963, York, PA 17405, (717) 845-2601, TDD (717) 846-9157, www.yorkhousingauthority.com for information or an application.
- Broad Park Manor: 440 & 449 E. King St., 133 S. Broad St., York (717) 854-1415 – (280 units)
- Stony Brook Manor: 100 Pleasant Acres Rd, York (717) 755-1426 – (100 units)
- Springfield Apartments: 1930 Kenneth Rd, York (717 764-1344 (75 units)
- The Fairmont: 300 Ramsay Place, New Cumberland (717) 774-5009 - (75 units)
- York Towne House: 200 N. Duke St., York (717) 845-2857 – (200 units)
The York Area Housing Group consisting of the York Area Development Corporation & Delphia Management Corporation, at 118 N. George St., Suite 200, York, (717) 846-5139, www.yorkareahg.org offers apartments to low/moderate income elderly and disabled. You may contact the corporation or the following places:
- Kingston House: 1243 W. King St., York (717) 848-2927 - (78 units)
- Delphia House: 350 E. Philadelphia St., York (717) 843-1064 – (104 units)
- Green Meadow: 20 Beaver St., Dillsburg (717) 432-2556 – (46 units)
- Cloverfield Apartments: 1500 Rodney Road, York (717) 764-5464 - (18 one bedroom, 6 two bedroom)
- Highland Manor: 36 Highland Dr., Stewartstown (717) 993-6541 - (10 one bedroom, 15 two bedroom, 8 three bedroom)
- Dutch Kitchen SRO: 381 West Market St., York (717) 846-5281 - (59 single furnished rooms)
Other housing options for seniors:
- Dairyland Apartments: 226 Glen Avenue, Dallastown - (717) 246-0145
- Elm Spring Residence: 118 Pleasant Acres Road, York - (717) 840-7676 (28 efficiency apartments)
- Greater Hanover Housing Corporation offers elderly apartments at Clearview Terrace I & II: 800 Randolph St., Hanover – (717) 632-8081 – (112 units)
- M'Calister Inn, 11 York St., Hanover – (717) 633-5000 – (34 units) mcalisterInn@aol.com
- The Residence at Hanover Shoe: 261 N. Franklin St., Hanover – (717) 637-5444
- Senior Residence at Hanover Shoe: 221 N. Franklin St, Hanover - (717) 637-5444
- Oakview Manor Apartments: 1880 Oak Hills Drive, Hanover - (717) 630-2754
- Strasburg Haus: 100 Luther Rd., Shrewsbury – (717) 235-7946 – (60 units) Owned by Shrewsbury Housing and is a program of Lutheran Social Services of South Central PA.
- Shrewsbury Courtyards I: 427 S. Main St., Shrewsbury – (717) 235-9943 – (102 units)
- Shrewsbury Courtyards II: 106 Courtyards Dr., Shrewsbury - (717) 227-4941
- Opera House I & II: 121 First Ave., Red Lion (717) 246-6688 – (39 units)
- Park View at Manchester Heights Apartments: 1900 Barley Rd., York (717) 767-1184 – (64 units)
- Park View at Tyler Run: 2105 Knob Hill Rd., York (717) 854-6909 – (80 units)
- Pullman Apartments: 238 N. George St., York (717) 699-2229 – (22 units)
- Springwood Overlook: 2330 Freedom Way, York (717) 741-4225 – (84 units)
- The Warehouse Apartments: 406 Baltimore St., Hanover (717) 699-2229 or (717) 633-1013.
- Stony Brook Gardens: 17 Theater Lane, York (717) 718-7777 (84 units)
- Schartner House at Carroll Village: 1271 Gettysburg Pike, Dillsburg (717) 432-1670
- Westminster Place at Carroll Village: 2 Trinity Drive West, Dillsburg - (717) 432-1670
- Westminster Place at Stewartstown: 16 South Hill Street, Suite 1, Stewartstown - (717) 993-3809.
Our Home Care Services
We are not only here to provide valuable home health care resources to families, but we also offer a wide range of home care services to help seniors stay independent at home for longer if they decide to go that route of care:
- Alzheimer's Care - we help seniors establish healthy routines, remind them to take medication, prevent wandering, and more.
- Dementia Care - we help engage with seniors physically and mentally to improve cognitively and help keep them independent.
- Fall Prevention - we help improve home safety by removing potential falling hazards to keep seniors safe.
- End of Life Care - we connect with seniors on an emotional and spiritual level to help enrich their lives and make them as comfortable as possible throughout the process.
- Social Care - we help seniors learn social tools like Facebook and Zoom to communicate with family members more effectively.
- Certified Palliative Care - holistic care that aids seniors physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
- Ready-Set-Go Home - we help seniors transitioning back home from the hospital and help them recover to avoid re-hospitalization.
- Companion Care - our caregivers provide compassionate companion care and assist with daily tasks to keep seniors independent and comfortable at home.
- Personal Care - we assist with more personal care tasks like bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Respite Care - we provide much-needed relief to family caregivers who need a break to relax and re-connect with their own families.
At Visiting Angels of York, we are happy to point families in the right direction. We will help you find home health care resources, whether you choose our agency, an assisted living facility, a nursing home, or senior housing.
Home Care that Fits Your Schedule
Home care from Visiting Angels of York is a perfect fit or a variety of lifestyles. We offer flexible scheduling options to fit your schedule and routine with hourly, overnight, or 24-hour shifts.
If you are in York, Hanover, or the surrounding area, contact our agency to learn more about home health care resources in the area or to schedule a free in-home consultation.
Serving York, Hanover, Dover, Red Lion, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels YORK, PENNSYLVANIA1840 E Market St
York, PA 17402
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.