Certified Palliative Care Throughout Orland Park, LaGrange, IL, and Neighboring Communities
While you might hear the terms “hospice care” and “palliative care” used interchangeably, they are not one and the same. Both seek to reduce pain and discomfort and improve quality of life; however, hospice care is reserved for end-of-life services only. Palliative care, on the other hand, can help seniors with a diverse range of needs, no matter their life expectancy.
Visiting Angels' Certified Palliative Care Focuses on a Senior's Overall Health in Orland Park, LaGrange, Flossmoor, Hinsdale, and Nearby Cities
At Visiting Angels of Orland Park, our mission is to improve the quality of life of your loved one in Orland Park, LaGrange, or the surrounding area every day. We do this by providing a wide range of in-home care services, including our Certified Palliative Care. We will work with you to build a customized care plan that considers your loved one’s specific needs, wants, and preferences. Our senior care services focus specifically on increasing the comfort and well-being of our clients, especially when your loved one is faced with challenging health, mobility, or ability circumstances.
Here is a list of our specialized care services:
- Ready-Set-Go-Home – caregivers help seniors and their families with the transitional process of going from hospitalization to their homes.
- Social Care – allows seniors to be acclimated to modern technology so they can be in contact with their family and friends.
- Dementia Care - additional assistance throughout the home that helps seniors diagnosed with dementia remain independent for longer.
- Alzheimer’s Care – aides are trained in multiple services to help with transportation, hygiene assistance, medication reminders, and meal preparation.
- End-of-Life Care – provides a guiding hand that is there to comfort and ease the burden for the senior and their family during their end-of-life transition.
- Fall Prevention – helps families prevent unnecessary falls by identifying risk factors for seniors who have limited mobility and poor vision.
- Respite Care - allows family members to take a step back and focus on their own needs and well-being.
- Personal Home Care - dignified and respectful assistance with personal tasks like bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Companion Care - daily assistance with tasks and keeping your aging loved one company throughout the day.
Certified Palliative Care is part of our Life Care Navigation services. Life Care Navigation does include end-of-life services, which can provide your loved one and family with assistance throughout this transitional time, but we can also help your loved one with companionship care, personal care, social care, and more throughout their golden years.
We Have a Holistic Mindset
We approach home care with a holistic mindset. Our caregivers will work to restore dignity, hope, and healing in every aspect of your loved one’s life, including emotional, mental, social, and spiritual needs. We use a compassionate approach and work hard to listen to your loved one’s specific needs and preferences, whether that’s transportation to a specific church service or helping them access a movie or musician who reminds them of their younger years. Depression, loneliness, stress, and anxiety can all have major impacts on health, and our living assistance services are designed to combat these stressors along with alleviating other everyday needs.
Contact Visiting Angels of Orland Park
If you are concerned about the health or decline of a loved one, Visiting Angels of Orland Park can help. Call us at 708-226-1028 today to learn more about our essential senior care services and to schedule a free, in-home assessment with one of our care coordinators. Our care team can go into more detail about our Certified Palliative Care and how it can help your loved one maintain their independence and health at home.
Contact us today to learn more about how you and your family can benefit from our home care services.
Serving Orland Park, LaGrange, Flossmoor, Hinsdale, and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels ORLAND PARK, IL11532 W 183rd St #NW
Orland Park, IL 60467