Medication Reminders from Home Care Aides at Visiting Angels of Bethesda
At Visiting Angels of Bethesda, our goal is to increase both our clients’ life quality and safety through a number of care services, including medication reminders. Our goal is to provide the support seniors in Bethesda, Silver Spring, Aspen Hill, Laurel and throughout Montgomery County need to age in place at home.
With medication reminders, our team makes sure that seniors take their medications as instructed by their medical team, preventing medication mismanagement that may lead to side effects, worsening of health problems, or development of new medical conditions.
Since our home care aides do not provide medical care, they cannot organize pillboxes or administer medications, but they can make medication management easier through reminders and other related services.
Why Medication Reminders Are Important for Seniors in Bethesda and Surrounding Areas
Plenty of seniors take five or more medications each day, so it can be confusing for them to remember what pills to take at a certain time or what pills come with special instructions. Managing complex medication schedules can be particularly difficult if not dangerous for older adults with cognitive conditions like dementia.
Our home care aides can help with medication management in many ways, including:
- Setting a timer so your loved one knows when to take medications when they are home alone
- Providing verbal medication reminders when they are around
- Ensuring medication instructions are followed
- Watching your loved one take their medications to make certain it is done as instructed by medical professionals
- Writing down the dates and times when the medications were taken
- Paying attention to side effects when your loved one starts taking new medications
Part of a Comprehensive Care Plan
Medication reminders are just one service we offer in Montgomery County, MD. At Visiting Angels of Bethesda, our home care aides can help your loved one with other daily tasks, like:
- Shopping for groceries/home items & running errands
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Personal care and hygiene
- And much, much more
Contact Visiting Angels of Bethesda to Learn More!
Visiting Angels of Bethesda offers free in-home consultations for those who are interested in our medication reminders and other services. We can answer all your questions, provide you with more information about us and our services and schedule your free at-home consultation where we can discuss your loved one’s needs and help you get started with personalized in-home senior care.
If you are interested in finding out more about medication reminders and other in-home senior care services we provide in Bethesda and the surrounding areas, please contact our office today!
Serving Montgomery County, MD, including Bethesda, Silver Spring, Aspen Hill, Colesville and Laurel
Visiting Angels BETHESDA, MD4803 St. Elmo Ave 2nd Floor
Bethesda, MD 20814