What is Home Care? | Visiting Angels Spokane
With the various forms of senior support to choose from, you might find that selecting the right option for your loved one can be an involved task. At Visiting Angels, we believe the choice should come from a deep consideration of your loved one's health, capabilities, and personal wishes. Ultimately, the right option is the one that enables your loved one to enjoy the most comfort, joy, and satisfaction in their golden years, and home care may be the service to help achieve that.
What Is Home Care?
Home care is a kind of assistance service for seniors who age in place. Care providers deliver support activities by visiting seniors at home, helping them with daily tasks in the comfort of a familiar environment. The arrangement promotes independence, which is important because of the sense of purpose, strength, and positive well-being it can provide.
Home care is also a general term that may refer to a range of assistance approaches. At Visiting Angels, we offer a broad array of services for improving the comfort and life quality of our care recipients. The diversity of our services and the versatility of our caregivers allows us to meet a great variety of needs among seniors in the Spokane Valley area. Depending on your loved one's requirements and preferences, we can deliver specialized assistance in areas such as:
- Fall Prevention
- Personal Care
- Companion Care
- Social Care
- Respite Care
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Ready-Set-Go Home Transitional Care
- Dementia Care
- Alzheimer's Care
- Palliative Care
- End-of-Life Care
The Benefits of Home Care
To us, the independence that our care recipients enjoy is one of the most valuable advantages of the services we offer. Seniors receiving home care can pursue lifestyles and interests that suit them while still feeling the security of being looked out for by a skilled and compassionate caregiver.
Aside from this, there are several other upsides. Below are some of the broad benefits of home care that make it such a distinctive form of senior assistance:
- Emotional Well-Being: The emotional benefits of home care are not just an extension of a senior's independence but also a part of living in a familiar environment. For many people, a strong sense of pride comes with having a place they can call their own. The privacy it provides can feel secure and comforting. There's also the advantage of remaining in their communities, often near their friends and family. These are people who can play a vital support function for care recipients by offering companionship and social interaction.
- Versatility: Aging in place with home care can be a versatile option because it provides both seniors and their loved ones with greater choices about the support they receive. With Visiting Angels, for example, care plans are personalized and customizable. Families can adjust the plan when their needs change or shift the care duties between professional and family caregivers as necessary. That way, our care recipients receive exactly the levels of assistance they require and prefer.
- Meaningful Relationships: The relationship between home caregivers and care recipients is often a special one. Caregivers are given access to both the homes and the inner lives of the seniors they support. It's a kind of connection that requires trust to begin and increasing levels of mutual confidence to maintain. In our experience, families can become deeply attached to our kind and professional Visiting Angels caregivers, a bond that arises in part from our personalized approach to assistance that caters to the unique needs and preferences of the individual.
How Can You Keep Your Loved One Engaged?
Even just a little time spent with others can be good for our well-being because it reminds us of the emotional connections we have in the world. Social interaction can be especially important for seniors who are often alone. A walk around the neighborhood, a stop at the shops, or the pleasure of a few hours with friends brings seniors in touch with the many faces and voices of the world and affirms their place in it.
That is why Visiting Angels care providers encourage care recipients to stay socially active and engaged from day to day. Our caregivers happily accompany your loved one on errands, visits to the museum or café, games of cards with friends, and evenings at grandchildren's recitals. We plan and adjust the proper care around the individual so that we may foster social routines and improve your loved one's quality of life.
How Do We Assist?
In addition to social engagement, Visiting Angels caregivers support your loved one with an array of support activities, including:
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with errands and grocery shopping
- Joyful companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping and organization
- Transportation for appointments and outings
- Walks and fall prevention measures
- Meal planning and preparation
- Grooming, dressing, and bathing
We offer the above assistance as part of our numerous in-home services. Each service caters to the individual, so we can adjust the particulars of care depending on a senior's specific requirements and preferences. With this personalized approach to home care, we have the opportunity to build relationships based on familiarity, trust, and compassion and to appreciate the unique characteristics that each of our care recipients represents.
Ready To Get Started With Visiting Angels Spokane?
If you feel that home care is the right choice for your loved one, we at Visiting Angels Spokane are happy to help you get started. We provide a complimentary in-home consultation to assess your loved one's living situation and care requirements. The information we gather allows us to create a fully customized care plan that satisfies your loved one's unique needs.
We invite you to take the first step by contacting us below by calling us or reaching out via our contact us page. A Visiting Angels care coordinator will schedule your consultation and guide you through the next steps. We thank you for considering Visiting Angels Spokane and look eagerly forward to beginning our relationship with your family.
Serving Spokane, Spokane Valley, Millwood, Veradale, Valleyford, Mica and Surrounding Areas.
Visiting Angels SPOKANE VALLEY, WA708 N Argonne Rd #8A
Spokane Valley, WA 99212