FAQs About Our Senior Home Care Services in the Greater Centerville, OH Area
At Visiting Angels of South Dayton, we aim to answer any and all questions you may have about our senior care services. We want to ensure you have all the information necessary to help you decide if our services are suitable for you or your loved one.
Visiting Angels Answers Senior Home Care Questions from Families in Centerville, South Dayton, and Surrounding Areas
Q: What kind of services do you provide?
A: At Visiting Angels of South Dayton, we provide a wide range of senior care services, including personal care, companion care, and respite care. With our skilled and experienced caregivers on hand, seniors get the help they need to remain in their own homes, granting them dignity and safety. Additionally, our senior home care services typically include running errands, bathing or grooming assistance, fall prevention, light housekeeping, and medication and fluids reminders.
We also offer a wide range of specialized care services that include:
- Alzheimer's Care - specialized care services for seniors struggling with the stages of Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Care - we offer assistance to seniors with cognitive decline to keep them independent at home for longer
- Fall Prevention - our caregivers are trained in the best practices of fall prevention to help seniors avoid dangerous accidents at home
- End of Life Care - essential support and companionship to families with aging loved ones diagnosed with a limited life expectancy
- Social Care - we help seniors stay connected to friends and family through texting, emailing, video chatting, and more
- Ready-Set-Go Home - our transitional care program that aims to help seniors recover from hospital stays and avoid hospital re-admission
- Certified Palliative Care - our holistic approach to senior home care in which we look after a senior's emotional, social, spiritual, and physical health
- Personal Care - we offer respectful and dignified assistance with personal tasks like bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Elderly Companion Care - our caregivers are companions at heart and assist with daily tasks and activities
- Respite Care - we offer respite to family caregivers so they can focus on their own needs and well-being
Q: What does the term "aging in place" mean?
A: When it comes to senior home care, the term aging in place typically refers to the ability for seniors to stay in the comfort of their own home safely and comfortably with outside assistance. This situation is the opposite of a nursing home or any other type of residential care. Other times, it may also mean the ability to stay in an assisted living facility with extra support.
Q: Do you provide services in assisted living facilities?
A: Yes, we certainly do. Many people, both senior clients and their family members, often discover that there isn’t enough assistance being given in an assisted living facility. As this aid is insufficient to remain independent, Visiting Angels would then provide caregivers to make this possible.
Q: How quickly can care services be provided/started?
A: Senior home care services can begin, in general, within 48 hours.
Q: Can I change the schedule if I have appointments to keep?
A: Yes, this is certainly possible with as little as one-week advance notice. At Visiting Angels, we believe in making your loved one’s care schedule work in your favor, according to their needs and demands. As such, we strive to accommodate any requests.
Q: How do I start?
A: To start with our home health services, contact us at 937-813-6568. We can then book a free, no-obligation assessment in the comfort of your loved one’s home. At your direction, we will then identify aides with the necessary availability, personality, and skills to assist your loved one. After meeting your caregiver and giving your approval, we can then schedule senior home care services.
Do you have questions that were not answered here? Contact Visiting Angels of South Dayton today! We are more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
Serving Centerville, Xenia, Springboro, Miamisburg and the surrounding Dayton Communities
Visiting Angels SOUTH DAYTON, OH4 W Franklin St
Centerville, OH 45459