Medication Reminders and Other In-Home Care Services for Seniors in Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas
As one of the leading providers of in-home care services for seniors, we are able to help aging adults in Dallas and the surrounding areas of Texas lead more comfortable and independent lives through assistance with a variety of daily needs. Some of our services include meal prep, home cleaning and laundry, personal care and mobility assistance and medication reminders.
It is important to keep in mind that, since we strictly provide essential personal care services, we cannot organize or administer medications. However, when medications are properly organized, we can provide useful medication reminders and ensure our clients are taking their pills as prescribed, thus preventing medication errors and boosting overall health and well-being.
Why Medication Reminders Are Important
Medication reminders are one of the most common in-home care services for seniors. This is because a lot of older adults take multiple medications daily and need to follow different guidelines for different medications. Taking the right dose of each and every medication at the right time and in accordance with the right instructions (for example, on an empty stomach, during lunch or with a glass of water) can be very difficult for seniors, especially those with cognitive issues.
Our medication reminders can make all the difference. Our caregivers can help by:
- Providing verbal reminders or setting up timers/alarm clocks
- Ensuring medication instructions are followed and watching seniors take their medications to be certain they have done it properly
- Writing down the dates and times each medication was taken for your family’s peace of mind
- Keeping an eye out for medication side-effects after the introduction of new medications
Part of a Comprehensive Care Plan from Visiting Angels Dallas
At Visiting Angels Dallas, our in-home care services can include assistance with many daily tasks, including:
- Shopping for groceries and home items
- Running errands like going to the post office
- Planning and preparing meals
- Providing companionship and encouraging interaction
- Cleaning the home and performing other light housekeeping tasks
- Assisting with personal hygiene
- And much, much more
To learn more about our personalized care plans, get answers to your questions or schedule a free consultation with our care coordinators, please contact our Dallas, TX office today!
Serving Park Cities, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, East Dallas, Casa Linda and Surrounding Communities in Dallas, TX
Visiting Angels PARK CITIES, TEXAS8350 N Central Expy #M1018
Dallas, TX 75206