Specialized Home Care Services for Seniors with Dementia in Dallas, TX
When a loved one is diagnosed with a condition that affects memory and cognitive functions like Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia, it is important to plan for their future care. While a lot of people still believe that seniors with memory issues are best cared for in nursing homes or assisted living facilities, choosing professional home care services can allow your loved one to receive top-quality care without ever having to relocate to a specialized facility for seniors with dementia.
Visiting Angels offers in-home memory care for seniors who wish to age at home in Dallas and the neighboring areas in Texas, allowing them to comfortably and safely maintain both their routine and independence. We can help your loved one with daily activities from the day they are diagnosed with their memory-related condition and be there for them as their needs change and advance over time.
How Our Memory Care Services Help Seniors in the Dallas Area
When first diagnosed with a memory-related illness, seniors can typically continue caring for themselves just fine. However, as the condition worsens, they are no longer able to perform daily tasks with ease and need help to continue aging in place. Sadly, older adults with dementia do not just suffer from memory loss. They also show symptoms like confusion, inability to concentrate, speech problems, and even hallucinations.
With the right set of home care services from Visiting Angels Dallas, they can get the help and support they need as they face these challenges. We build personalized care plans for our clients and review them every couple of months to make sure that they are still receiving the exact level of care they need. You can also request changes to your loved one’s plan whenever you think their needs have advanced.
Here is how our caregivers can help your loved one with dementia:
- Meal preparation: Our caregivers plan and prepare healthy, nutritious and delicious meals. They can go grocery shopping as well.
- Mobility assistance: Our care providers help older adults move around the home and prevent falls and other accidents.
- Personal care and hygiene: Our caregivers assist with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, incontinence and more.
- Medication reminders: Our caregivers provide useful medication reminders in order to facilitate medication intake and prevent medication errors. We also provide fluid reminders.
- Light housekeeping: Our home care services include assistance with various housekeeping tasks, from dusting and vacuuming to making beds and taking out the trash.
- Wandering prevention: Our caregivers ensure that seniors with dementia do not wander off.
- Transportation: Our care experts provide transportation for running errands, visiting family and friends and going to appointments.
- Fall prevention: Our team can assess home safety and propose fall-proofing measures and strategies.
Contact our Dallas, TX office today to learn more about our home care services and how we can make your loved one’s life better and easier.
Serving Park Cities, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, East Dallas, Casa Linda and Surrounding Communities in Dallas, TX
Visiting Angels PARK CITIES, TEXAS8350 N Central Expy #M1018
Dallas, TX 75206