Specialized Memory Care for Seniors in Bethesda, MD, and Surrounding Communities
After a certain point, seniors diagnosed with any progressive cognitive condition need to receive professional care as their disease progresses into the mid and late stages. Instead of choosing to move a loved one to a nearby assisted living facility or nursing home, many families in Bethesda, Silver Spring, Aspen Hill, Laurel and surrounding areas in Montgomery County, MD, have helped their parents to age safely in their own home, where they feel most comfortable.
Visiting Angels of Bethesda can help your mom or dad do that, too. We are the leading provider of quality memory care for seniors in Montgomery County. Regardless of your loved one’s stage or symptoms, an extensively trained caregiver from our local office can provide personalized in-home care they need to remain living at home in their preferred routine.
How Memory Care for Seniors from Visiting Angels of Bethesda Can Help
Cognitive conditions like Alzheimer’s and dementia cause memory loss and confusion associated with severe, irreversible changes in the brain. As the disease progresses and cognitive decline becomes more apparent, seniors often feel depressed, agitated, and confused, which is why they need increased levels of professional care and support.
If your senior loved one is suffering from dementia, memory care for seniors from Visiting Angels of Bethesda can help by providing:
- Mobility assistance – Enables seniors with limited or impaired mobility to move safely around their home, assisted by an experienced caregiver.
- Assistance with hygiene, grooming and dressing – This service includes dignified, discreet personal care assistance, including bathing, dressing, dental care, toileting, incontinence and more.
- Meal planning and preparation – We can prepare healthy snacks and cook warm, nutritious meals to ensure your mom or dad is eating as healthy as possible.
- Medication reminders – Medication mistakes are a common concern for many seniors, especially those with cognitive conditions. A professional caregiver from Visiting Angels of Bethesda can provide useful reminders and make sure your loved one is taking their meds as prescribed.
- Light housekeeping – Includes tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, cleaning counterparts, laundry and more.
- Wandering prevention – Our caregivers can closely monitor your loved one and prevent potential elopement and accidents.
- Transportation – When needed, an assigned in-home caregiver can drive and escort your loved one to doctor’s appointments, therapies, family visits and shopping trips.
- Fall prevention – As improving home safety is an important part of specialized memory care, we can fall-proof your loved one’s home and eliminate fall risks from their surroundings.
Contact our local Bethesda, MD office today to learn more about specialized memory care for seniors and how our expert home care aides can help your loved one live safely at home for as long as possible.
Serving Montgomery County, MD, including Bethesda, Silver Spring, Aspen Hill, Colesville and Laurel
Visiting Angels BETHESDA, MD4803 St. Elmo Ave 2nd Floor
Bethesda, MD 20814